High School Physical Education
Upon graduation, a West Seneca student will have had the opportunity to learn and demonstrate the following in Physical Education:
- Develop and apply skills proficiently in a few activities.
- Develop and apply skills competently in many activities.
- Develop a fitness portfolio that can be used for lifelong health and wellness.
- Apply CPR/AED skills in a life-saving emergency.
- Have the knowledge to access and utilize community resources.
- Know the impact that participation in physical activity has on physical, emotional and mental health.
- Know the basic strategies and the rules and conventions in a variety of activities.
- Know basic water safety and life-saving survival strokes.
- Demonstrate personal and social responsibility and safety during activities.
Components of the High School Physical Education Curriculum will include
- Team Passing Games
- Net/Wall Sports
- Striking/Fielding Sports
- Target Sports
- Dance and Aesthetic Activities
- Outdoor Activities
- Personal Performance Activities
- Fitness Activities