Board of Education Goals
Vision: Nurturing Our Full Potential
Mission: To provide a diversified educational program which will produce literate, caring, ethical, responsible, and productive citizens who are capable of adapting to change.
1. Student Growth & Achievement
The West Seneca Board of Education will use evidence to ensure all students have access to a comprehensive, high-quality educational experience to become a global citizen.
2. Fiscal Responsibility
The West Seneca Board of Education will ensure fiscal responsibility, stability and accountability through a transparent process that has the support of the school-community.
3. School and Community Engagement
The West Seneca Board of Education will foster a partnership with the school-community through collaboration, celebration, and communication for the purpose of gaining a deeper understanding of community values.
4. Facilities Management
The West Seneca Board of Education will ensure the enhancement of District facilities so as to provide student access to a high-quality educational experience in a healthy, safe and secure environment.
The West Seneca Board of Education will make necessary adjustments to school attendance zones and/or school configurations to promote equity throughout the District. Any decision(s) will be reached through a transparent process of information seeking that is substantive, inclusive of all stakeholders, and based on the goals of the District.
Board of Education Info
The West Seneca School District is governed by a seven-member Board of Education elected by qualified voters of the district.
Board members work together, and with stakeholders, in making decisions that best serve the students and accomplish the following:
- Create a shared vision for the future of education
- Set the direction of the school district to achieve the highest student performance
- Provide rigorous accountability for student achievement results
- Develop a budget and present it to the community, aligning district resources to improve achievement
- Support a healthy school district culture for work and learning
- Create strategic partnerships with the community stakeholders
- Build the district's progress through continuous improvement
- Adopt and maintain current policies
- Hire and evaluate the superintendent
- Ratify collective bargaining agreements
- Maintain strong ethical standards
Members are public officials who serve without pay for three-year terms. As our elected representatives and as officers of New York State, the board must carry out duties imposed by the state's Legislature, Board of Regents, and Commissioner of Education.
The school board has no legal or formal connection with any other local government body. Its functions are carried out through district officers, administrators, and personnel.
School District Clerk - Nicole C. Latza
-- Questions for the Board of Education --
may be emailed to the address below
*Please note that a limited number of agendas will be printed for the public. We encourage you to print a copy of the agenda and bring it with you to the meeting. Thank you.