Online registration has begun.
Click on this link to access information: https://www.wscschools.org/site/Default.aspx?PageID=21498
*** SCROLL DOWN FOR EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES***
Northwood Students and Families,
We miss you! Our top priority is the health and safety of you and your families. Please practice good hand washing, social distancing, and enjoy this time with your families.
While at home:
- Read. Read. Read. Tell someone about what you have read and make text connections.
- Write stories about life at home (include illustrations).
- Practice your sight words.
- Practice your math facts. Talk about budgeting (bills and coins).
- Check out Time for Kids, Scholastic News, PBS Kids, and Just for Kids online.
- Get your exercise at home by doing push-ups, jumping jacks, and sit-ups 3 times a day.
- Keep a daily schedule. Go to bed early and drink plenty of water.
***Starting Wednesday, March 18th, Northwood Elementary and Winchester Elementary will be providing meals to children under 18. This is a drive up service whereby you will remain in your car to receive a meal for your child. This grab and go service will take place during the week from 11AM until 1 PM.***
All the best,
Mrs. Ferri and the Northwood Staff
Check out our staff videos. WE MISS YOU SHINING STARS.
FREE Audible books:
Visit the linksbelow for Online Learning Resources:
Online Learning Resources (examples of daily schedules/resources for talking about Coronavirus/fun family activities)
https://leaomalley.com/justforkids/ (lessons from school counselor Mrs. O'Malley)
https://www.wscschools.org/Page/21714 (social/emotional information from social worker Ms. Fitzpatrick)
Activities to do at Home
- Time for Kids (K-6)
- PBS Kids
- Stuck at Home? These 12 Famous Museums Offer Virtual Tours You Can Take on Your Couch (Video)
- Reading Eggs
- Epic! Digital Book Library (for kids 12 and under) (there is a cost - $7.99/month)
- Best Music Apps and Games for Kids
- 50 Books All Kids Should Read Before They're 12
- Best Family Movies
- Best Documentaries for Kids and Families
- Hello Ruby - Hello Ruby is the world's most whimsical way to learn about computers, technology and programming. The story started with a book, and now Ruby continues her adventures in exercises, activities and videos. It’s suited for kids age 5 years and older (but even adults might learn something new)
- Stick Figure Art YouTube channel
- Emotional ABCs - We teach children ages 4-11 how to figure out WHAT they are feeling, WHY they are having that emotion, and HOW to make better choices
- Virtual Field Trips - Over 30 virtual field trips with links
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems
- 11 Amazing Places Around New York That You Can Virtually Travel To Without Ever Leaving Your Home
- 15 Broadway Plays and Musicals You Can Watch On Stage From Home
- 20 Virtual Field Trips
- Math card games
- NASA has made their entire media library - images, sounds, and video - public
- You Can Now Tour 2,500 World-Famous Museums From the Comfort of Your Own Sofa
- Tour Yellowstone National Park
- Coronavirus: Kids stuck at home should go on these virtual Disney World rides
Also, stay up to date by going to the PTA's FaceBook page.
Welcome to Northwood Elementary
Mrs. Angela A. Ferri, Principal
Be Safe* Be Kind* Be Ready to Learn
School Hours 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
When reporting an absence, please contact Mrs. Foster in the
Attendance Office at 677-3659.
We are pleased to inform you that Northwood and Winchester Elementary Schools will be participating in the Community Eligibility Option of the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Program for the 2019 – 2020 school year.
This program provides a healthy breakfast and lunch each day at no charge for ALL students enrolled at Northwood and Winchester Schools. Your child attending these schools will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit an application. However, if you have a child attending another district school, you will need to submit a meal application if you choose to be considered for a free or reduced breakfast/lunch plan.
Please contact Ann Marie Ralph, our food service manager, at (716) 677-3810 if you need further assistance.
Our school community adheres to all District Policies listed within the above link, as they relate to parent involvement, as well as the District Title 1 Compact.