Overview of Visual Arts:
It is the mission of the West Seneca Art program to ensure that all students will:
- Design and create ways to develop an independent and critical thought process.
- Learn how to visually communicate in their own unique style, while creating works of art.
- Learn how to critically analyze and visually interpret works of art.
- Learn ways to create, present, respond, and connect with artworks to make cross-curricular connections.
- Discover opportunities and roles within the arts community.
- Understand that visual art can be reflective of many different cultures and civilations over time.
Kim Greenway, District Coordinator of Visual Arts K-12