Items of Interest:
Spring Athletic Registration is now CLOSED
Fall 2019 season will begin on August 18th (Var/JV) and Aug 26th (Modified)
Registration on Parent Portal will open on July 24th
The West Seneca Central School District (WSCSD) interscholastic athletic program is built upon the positive qualities of pride, commitment and performance with an emphasis on academics, sportsmanship, safety and chemical free participation. The expectation is for excellence both on and off the playing areas. The district has a high rate of participation in a well-rounded program of team and individual sports.
West Seneca offers over 100 teams in 23 different sports (including varsity, JV and modified teams). Our teams and students participate in the Erie Country Interscholastic Conference, Section VI, and New York State competitions. Many teams have been recognized for their team grade point average in the New York State Public High School Athletic Association Team Scholar-Athlete program.
The philosophy of athletics, in the WSCSD, consider athletics to be an integral part of the school's educational program. We believe that athletics provide experiences that will affect the student athlete physically, mentally, socially, and emotionally. We believe that by promoting sportsmanship, at all levels, the athletics program instills pride, reinforces a sound value system, and enhances the individuals self-image, as well as the image of the school district and the community.
The WSCSD's athletic program should achieve and maintain the following objectives:
- Concentrate on the development of skill and on student participation in contests.
- Develop athletes who have high moral and ethical values, standards and behavior.
- Develop athletes who demonstrate good sportsmanship. We believe that the basic rules of good sportsmanship consists of: showing respect for opponents at all times; show respect for officials and their decisions; know, understand, and follow the rules of the contest; maintain self-control at all times; recognize and appreciate skill in opponent's performance.
- Develop a competitive winning attitude.
- Encourage individual commitment to personal and team goals.
- Emphasize the importance of academic achievement.
All students must have a valid physical on file with the district prior to participating on a sport team. Physicals are good for one year. Health updates, completed by the parent, are required for physicals that are more than 30 days old. These updates must be signed by school medical personnel (school nurse) before being allowed to participate. This process is mandated by the state of New York. In addition, students must register for their sport on parent portal prior to participating.
Currently, there is a fee for spectators at certain athletic contests that take place in the evening or on weekends. All West Seneca East vs. West Seneca West contests are considered "Fan Appreciation Day" and no admission fee will be charged.
contact us by e-mail: Athletic Department Email
Director of Health/Physical Education & Athletics
Secretary & Athletics Website Editor
Mary Kay Biddle
West Seneca Central School District
675 Potters Road
West Seneca, NY 14224
Potters Road Building - Room 104
675 Potters Road, West Seneca, NY 14224
Office Hours: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Summer Office Hours (June 25-Aug 31): 7:30 am to 3:00 pm (Mon-Thurs)