Annual Budget Vote and Election 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that the district uses poll books from the Erie County Board of Elections. If you need to change any of your information, please visit the Voter Portal at https://elections.erie.gov/Voters. You may also contact their office directly at 858-8891.
- Can I vote by absentee ballot?
- Yes, but the reason for the request must be acceptable per law. See the absentee ballot application on the Annual School Budget Vote and Election 2021 page. The acceptable reasons are listed on the application.
- If I am not a registered voter can I still vote?
- Yes, please bring a photo ID (some examples are a driver license, learner permit, passport, military ID, etc.) to the voting location.
- Am I required to wear a mask when I vote?
- Yes, all voters must wear an acceptable mask that covers both the nose and mouth and adhere to all COVID-19 safety measures.
- I am a member of the military (or family member) and would like to vote by absentee ballot. What is the process?
- Please see the military absentee application and information on the Annual School Budget Vote and Election 2021 page for details.
- How do I become a registered voter?
- Please visit the Erie County Board of Elections website at https://elections.erie.gov/VoterRegister and click on the registration form. Follow the directions and return your form directly to their office.
- What are the qualifications to vote?
- Citizen of the United States; and
- At least 18 years old; and
- A resident of the school district for at least 30 days prior to the meeting at which the person would like to vote; and
- Who is not otherwise prohibited from voting under the provisions of section 5-106 of the Election Law