District launches bus tracking apps
The West Seneca Central School District is deploying two new bus tracking platforms for parents to track the location of their child's bus. These apps will be live Monday, Sept. 16.
The district currently employs two bus groups – First Student and West Seneca Central School District buses. Each bus group uses its own tracking app and each is configured a bit differently.
First Student’s bus tracking and parent communications app, FirstView, is available for smartphones or desktop. Here Comes the Bus, West Seneca’s bus app that allows parents to view the real-time location of a child’s school bus, is available via smartphone, tablet or computer.
To get started, visit the district website at https://www.wscschools.org/Page/21105.
For the purpose of the apps, the 2019-20 First Student buses include bus routes one through 23, and West Seneca Central School District buses include bus routes 24 and higher.
Both apps offer the following features for parents:
- Live Tracking – map screens show the location and direction of your student’s bus, your student's stop schedule for the current day and timestamps for school arrivals and departures. You’ll know when the bus arrives to or departs from school.
- Predictive Stop Arrival Times – analyzing route and real-time GPS data, it determines an estimated time of arrival to your stop. The app is designed to provide parents with a better guideline for bus location and ETA. Students should still be at their assigned bus stop 10 minutes prior to the estimated or scheduled arrival time.
- Custom Alerts and Messages – Set up push or email notifications alerting you when your student's bus is a chosen distance or number of minutes away from your stop.
- Multi-Stop View – Buses for all your students can be tracked with your app. Using individual colors for each student, every selected stop appears on the map simultaneously for easy viewing.
- Additional User Notifications – Connect up to three additional email accounts (including your own) to receive email alerts. This is a great feature for grandparents or caregivers.
- Secure and Easy Access – Both apps require a password-protected account for app set-up. This way, only you can view your student’s stop.
Here Comes The Bus requires a school code for registration. These codes are provided to you by your district and were sent in a prior mailing. If you did not receive your registration information, contact the West Seneca Central School District Transportation Department at 677-3820.
Here Comes the Bus is available in English, Spanish and French. FirstView is available in multiple languages, including English, French (Canadian), Spanish, Vietnamese, Oromo, Chinese, Amharic, Tagalog, Somali and Tigrinya, based on your phone’s language settings.
For more information and to download the FirstView app, visit www.firstviewapp.com.
To sign up or to learn more about Here Comes the Bus, visit www.herecomesthebus.com.
Should you have any questions, contact the district’s transportation supervisor, Linda O’Grady, at email@example.com or 677-3825.
Here Comes the Bus is powered by Synovia Solutions, makers of the GPS-tracking technology used by West Seneca Central School District to increase safety and cost savings as it relates to our school bus fleet.