Mrs. English's Home Page
Thank you for reading this website.
Here's what is new in room 106:
December is a very busy month for your children and here are some dates to help you prepare:
1. Early dismissal on Friday, December 6th at 11:00
2. No school for students on Thursday, December 12
3. Early dismissal on Friday, December 13th at 11:00
4. Parent-teacher-student conferences are on Thursday, December 12 and Friday, December 13th. I sent home reminders before Thanksgiving. Please email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need another reminder or need to change your date or time. I will do my best to accommodate you.
5. Winterfest will be held on Friday evening 6-8:00 pm. This is always a fun time for all students.
6. Second grade cookie cottages --this project will take place on Wednesday, December 18 at 1:45 pm. We would love it if all children could have an adult help them with this fun project. It is messy and the children just love to have the help from an adult. A flyer went home on December 3, 2019 explaining more about this as well as a request for a certain food item. Please note that the children cannot take their cookie cottages home on the bus. Please plan to drive your child home if you come in to help. If no one can come in to help, we will leave the cookie cottage here at school until an adult can pick it up.
7. Read and Lead is Monday, December 16 at 9:00 am. All second graders will sing a song--please come and join us!
8. December PTA meeting is Wednesday, December 11 for those who can make it.
Friday notebooks will come home on most Fridays. Please ask your child to read his/her letter to you. We ask that you write back ASAP and send this pink notebook back to school every Monday. Thank you.
Library books are also due each Monday, please.
Homework-I will (occasionally) add some writing homework to be completed at home. Please encourage your child to do his/her best work. There will be math homework on Monday-Thursday nights and required reading for at least 20 minutes every night. This will increase to 30 minutes after the holidays and students will have to write book reports. More information will be shared at conferences. Please, please, please read with your child. The benefits are endless.
If you need to contact me, please email at: email@example.com or call at 677-3580 X 4590. I will not be able to return your calls until after school hours.
Thank you for your support.
Mrs. Nora English