My homeroom students:
There is a new posting for Kahoots. Please go to Google Classroom - Reading (Mr. Tenhagen)
You can access through Clever - www.clever.com/in/wscsd
Give it a try! This is a no judgment assignment.
You may have already received notification through google classroom.
The Middle School Music teachers have created a video for our 5th graders to view about continuing music next year. (Since they can’t visit us at school). https://drive.google.com/a/wscschools.org/file/d/1A92G8__e-53dtCV1nGgx-HWgc8OBCEga/view?usp=drivesdk
If you have a free hour in the evening, I highly recommend the NETFLIX series Our Planet. A great program to watch with the entire family. It contains incredible footage of the wildlife around the world.
Allendale Grade 5 - Room 132
We are living through a most unique and challenging time. Our main priority is the health and safety of us all.
Until we are back in class, here are some things we can do to keep our minds sharp:
- Read a book a week! Yes, it can be easily done. Afterall, you get to choose the book. However, try to read a variety. There are many genres to choose from (we’ve talked about that in class often!).
- How do I get books? That’s a tougher one…
- Rummage through your house.
- Carefully, reach out to friends and family.
- Order on-line. E-bay (for instance) has an enormous selection and prices can be super cheap. Plus, they deliver to your door.
- On-line resources. There are free e-reader books (usually classics).
- On the district website (or here), there are links to Raz-Kids, Starfall, Reading A-Z, ReadWorks, and more.
- This link Elementary Link also provides many opportunities to practice math skills. Sites such as Prodigy, Kahoot, Pearson Successnet, and XtraMath are great sites to practice what you know.
- Find activities where you use your brains and hands (board games, drawing, journaling, building, etc.). Do these activities alone and with family members.
- When you watch tv, find programs that you can learn from: history, nature, science, or classic movies!
I will be updating this site regularly. If you need to contact me, email me please: