Welcome to Online Learning!
These are some helpful reminders:
- You have been invited to classes by your content teachers.
- Accept the invitation through your school g-mail account.
- Always access your google classes through your personal West Seneca google accounts.
- You cannot attend a google meet if you are not logged in through your google account...
- We anticipate that there will be some issues. Be patient. Your teachers will help you :-)
Allendale Grade 5 - Room 132
Even though this was from last year, I am leaving this up as a helpful reminder for our new school year!
We are living through a most unique and challenging time. Our main priority is the health and safety of us all.
Until we are back in class, here are some things we can do to keep our minds sharp:
- Read a book a week! Yes, it can be easily done. After all, you get to choose the book. However, try to read a variety. There are many genres to choose from (we will be talking about this).
- How do I get books? That’s a tougher one…
- Rummage through your house.
- Carefully, reach out to friends and family.
- Order on-line. E-bay (for instance) has an enormous selection and prices can be super cheap. Plus, they deliver to your door.
- On-line resources. There are free e-reader books (usually classics).
- We will be showing you some other ways to access books.
- On the district website (or here), there are links to Raz-Kids, Starfall, Reading A-Z, ReadWorks, and more.
- This link Elementary Link also provides many opportunities to practice math skills. Sites such as Prodigy, Kahoot, Pearson Successnet, and XtraMath are great sites to practice what you know.
- Find activities where you use your brains and hands (board games, drawing, journaling, building, etc.). Do these activities alone and with family members.
I will be updating this site regularly. If you need to contact me, email me please: