Torrence A. Jones
Teacher on Special Assignment (TOSA) Technology Integrator
For the 2019-2020 school year, I will collaborate with elementary teachers in composing effective technology- infused, content-based lessons, and support teachers as they implement the lessons in their classrooms, aligned to district instructional technology plan.
Also, I will promote model instructional practices and the role of technology in them, as aligned to the technology standards for students and teachers.
What type of projects can I help with?
- Using Microsoft Outlook Calendar to schedule meetings/appointments/tasks.
- Digitalizing content (pdfs) to present, project and annotate using the Promethean board.
- Integrating a Kahoot! review or quiz to facilitate engagement with students.
- Creating a Google Classroom to push out assignments, quizzes (automatically scored) videos to view, articles to read and respond to, and more.
- Using the Clever Portal with students to connect to Studies Weekly, Learning A-Z, Brain Pop, NewsELA, Readworks.
- Creating a Google shared drive with teammates to easily share and plan.
Use the links (below) to begin the process of building technology into your classroom.
Degrees and Certifications:
BA - Communication - University at Buffalo MS - Childhood Education - D'Youville College