The Academy Programs
- The West Seneca School District Board of Education commits to offering students a "diversified educational program."
- Career Academies are central to that commitment. In addition to extensive elective course offerings, students may select from five Academy Programs.
- Gives students an opportunity to explore a career field and develop transferable academic and workplace skills, while earning both high school and college credit.
- Academy students will also participate in industry specific internships and have opportunities for scholarships through their academy program.
- Each academy has its own advisory board consisting of individuals from the associated industry or career field.
Students take academy curriculum as a cohort group, which results in more individual attention and a unique camaraderie among their academy peers. Academy students also attend field trips, shadow days, professional workshops and develop an electronic portfolio for college use. Students enrolling in an academy still have room in their schedules over their four years in high school to take additional elective courses. Academy programs begin in the sophomore year.
Our committed Board of Education and administrative team paired with dedicated teachers, supportive community business leaders, and involved parents to create a network of experiences to best prepare our students for success after high school in our ever changing economy and global market.
The Academy of Visual Art
Academy News, Events and Calendar
- Click Here for Academy News/Events (and Filter on "Academies")
- Click Here for the Academy Calendar (then click on "Customize Calendar" and check "Academies")
- Parents and students that are interested should attend a district wide informational meeting offered to all freshmen in January of each year.
Complete the Academy Student Application Below!