NEW WEBSITE ADDRESS: As of 1/2/18 Ms. Borowicz's website will be located at: https://wonderfulscience.wordpress.com/
The wscschools.org site is no longer being updated. Thank you.Welcome to Ms. Borowicz's website
Welcome to Regents Living Environment & Enriched Regents Living Environment with Ms. Borowicz. Throughout the year we will be studying various topics revolving around the key ideas of this course:
1. Unity & Diversity: Living things are both similar to and different from each other and from other living things.
2. Genetic Continuity: Organisms inherit information in a variety of ways that result in continuity of structure and function between parents and offspring.
3. Evolution: Individual organisms and species change over time.
4. Reproduction and Development: The continuity of life is sustained through reproduction and development.
5. Dynamic Equilibrium: Organisms maintain a dynamic equilibrium that sustains life.
6. Interaction and Interdependence: Plants and animals depend on each other and their physical environment.
7. Human Impact: Human decisions and activities have had a profound impact on the physical and living environment.
8. Inquiry: Scientific inquiry is used to pose questions, seek answers, and develop solutions.
The core curriculum information on each topic can be accessed using the links in the navigation bar to the left.
Young Researchers Club Information
First informational meeting is Thursday, September 21st in room 217. New members welcome!
Western New York Genetics in Research Partnership website
This page provides more detail about the goals of the project and the bacteria that you will be researching.
Western New York Genetics in Research Partnership Facebook page
This page has information about last year's program and the capstone event that took place in the spring.
Link to online manual.
Logging onto Castle Learning Online:
The Castle Learning Online review web site is available to all students and teachers. Click here if you have a Castle Learning Online ID and password. If not, please see your teacher or Castle Learning Online administrator.
1. Your login name is ws.#jdoe. After the ws. the login name the same as what you use to log into the school computer.
2. The password is the password you created for yourself the first time you logged into Castle Learning.
Outlook Email Login
To login to your Outlook email account go to this link.
Your email address is email@example.com. Your username is the name you use to log onto the computers. The password is the same password you use to logon to the computers.
Logging onto your school Google Account
Google Classroom logon is here.
Username is your school email account. Ex. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Password is whatever password you created for yourself.
We will be using Google Classroom, so you must be able to log onto your Google account to access materials for class.
Google Drive logon page is here.
Enriched Living Environment students: Internship Opportunities
If you are thinking of pursuing science you might be interested in a summer internship to gain experience in a particular field of science. Ms. Tierney teaches in the Life Science Academy and her website lists various internship opportunities.