Ms. Irene's Web Page
1. Unity & Diversity: Living things are both similar to and different from each other and from other living things.
2. Genetic Continuity: Organisms inherit information in a variety of ways that result in continuity of structure and function between parents and offspring.
3. Evolution: Individual organisms and species change over time.
4. Reproduction and Development: The continuity of life is sustained through reproduction and development.
5. Dynamic Equilibrium: Organisms maintain a dynamic equilibrium that sustains life.
6. Interaction and Interdependence: Plants and animals depend on each other and their physical environment.
7. Human Impact: Human decisions and activities have had a profound impact on the physical and living environment.
8. Inquiry: Scientific inquiry is used to pose questions, seek answers, and develop solutions.