Mrs. Wojciechowski & Ms. Centra-Vella's Web Page - English 3
Welcome to our Web Page. Please use this site to your advantage. Feel free to e-mail us with any questions you may have.
Full Day Absence: Students who were absent for a full day of school will be allowed to turn an assignment in one day after the due date, with the exception of long term projects. Long term projects are due ON or BEFORE the due date, so if a student is absent, the project MUST be e-mailed by midnight on the date that it is due, even if the student is absent (exceptions will be made for documented illness). Tests missed due to absence must be made up THE DAY THE STUDENT RETURNS TO SCHOOL. It is the student's responsibility to gather all materials needed for homework when they return from their absence. Please see classroom folders with designated absence sheets.
Partial Day Absence/ Music Lesson/Field Trip: Students who were in school for a portion of the day, or missed class due to a lesson, will be held accountable for turning in assignments when they are due, and are accountable for the work that was missed while at the lesson or field trip.
Multiple Day Absences: Students who are absent for an extended period of time for a documented illness, injury, or other issue, should make an appointment with the teacher to discuss appropriate due dates.
English 3: In this class, we study and/or create:
- writing including poetry, responses, letters, self-reflections, analysis, and literary criticism
- novels including The Scarlet Letter, To Kill a Mockingbird, Tuesdays with Morrie, Ethan Frome, A Separate Peace, The Catcher in the Rye
- two plays, The Crucible, Taming of the Shrew
- analysis of poetry
- the New York State Assessments for English for the Common Core Regents
- research techniques, reports, and papers
- a variety of young adult literature (student self-selected)
- various non-fiction pieces