6B Communication Page - Mrs. Adamski, Mrs. Castiglione, Mrs. Klavoon, Mrs. Purdy, Mrs. Tronolone
Thank you all so much for visiting our website! We miss all of you, and want to keep in contact! If you ever have questions for us, don’t hesitate to email (contact info at the bottom of the page) or message us through google classroom. We will respond to you as soon as possible (not instantly ;) Look for posts on here from your teachers daily. We will post on here, and also on our google classroom accounts. If you have not joined google classroom for each of the teachers yet, please see the list of classroom codes to join each class. 6B Classroom Codes
Here is the Team 6B Weekly Office Hour Schedule:
Please feel free to join any/all Google Meets. This is a great place to ask questions about any of your assignments :)
You can expect to see posts from your teachers on the following days:
Mrs. Castiglione, Mrs. Adamski, & Mrs. Tronolone: Monday and Wednesday
Mrs. Klavoon & Mrs. Purdy: Tuesday and ThursdayTEAM 6B Communication Page**** Week of June 8th -> June 12th, 2020 ****READING - Mrs. AdamskiUpdated 6/1
TASK: PLEASE READ ALL DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY
"It is the books that are the key to the wide world; if you can't do anything else, read all that you can." - Jane HamiltonHappy Reading!
- Watch the video describing Compare and Contrast.
- Sign in to IXL. Remember, username and password is on the class assignment labeled "IXL Determine the Main Idea". Practice the skill COMPARE AND CONTRAST (5th or 6th grade level). Practice for 30 minutes or until you get a SMARTSCORE of 100.
- TURN IN assignment when finished.
📝WRITING - Mrs. Tronolone
Today we will continue to work through the Memoir Unit! Please read through the SlideShow I posted in Google Classroom :)
You will be listening to/reading the steps you will take to begin the introduction, the body, and the conclusion to your Memoir! This will include coming up with a strong hook/lead and a conclusion.
From there you will continue writing the remainder of your Memoir; keeping in mind all of the pieces that are mentioned in the Slideshow.
DON'T WORRY!! This is just your rough copy!! We will work on editing, dialogue, and figurative language next week!
Please Turn In your Memoir to me by Friday:)
I have office hours on Friday from 12-1.⏰ The code for all meetings is 6BOffice.
Please send me a message through Google Classroom is you have questions!
MATH - Mrs. Purdy
By now most of you have signed up for the google classroom by your period. Great job! If not, please do so. I sent everyone an invitation.
6/8 your lesson 12 due Tuesday- No POW this week -Quiz on area of Polygons are due today
6/9 lesson 12 due - New lesson 13 : finding the mean of numbers.
6/10 - just work on owed work
6/11 -I will have a quiz on mean, median, mode and range
Goggle meet at 12:30 -1:30
I am providing feedback from your turned-in work. So be sure to look for private comments.
I am so proud of you!
If you have finished the mini lesson and would like more to do, you can work on Study Island - (You can do any of the topics you have already learned.) Remember you are going at your own pace. Study Island is through Clever on the District Website and use the same email you use to get onto the computers at school. I attached directions on my google classroom.
Miss you and hope you are doing well.
SOCIAL STUDIES - Mrs. Castiglione -Last Social Studies office hours will be today (Wed. June 10th) from 2-2:30. Code is 6BOffice
6/8: Introduction to the Middle Ages- Part 1=Video, Part 2=Questions from the video
- Today when you log into your Google classroom, you will see that we are leaving Rome behind and moving ahead to the Middle Ages, also called Medieval Times.
- Today you will:
- 1. Part 1- Watch a video about the 5 most important things kids need to know about the Middle Ages.
- 2. Part 2- Using quiz format to answer questions about life in the Middle Ages. All answers come up in order in the video, so be sure to pay close attention as you watch it. Remember you can always open the video in a new tab and toggle back and forth in case you need to check your answers.
- 3. Be sure to SUBMIT when done.
6/10: Sedlec Ossuary: The Church of Bones- Part 1=Document and video, Part 2=Questions for the video
- Today we wrap up Social Studies with a visit to a church in Prague, Czech Republic known as the Church of Bones.
- 1. Open Part 1 and read the document for background and then watch the video.
- 2. After the video, open Part 2 of the assignment and answer the questions. Remember you can always open the doc and video in a new tab and to back and forth to check your answers. All answers come up in order and be sure to check your work as you can only do the questions once.
- 3. Be sure to SUBMIT when done.
SCIENCE - Mrs. Klavoon
Good Morning Folks!
Today's assignment is a design challenge and a Quizizz review of Buoyancy. The design challenge is NOT OPTIONAL! Please watch the video introduction and then attempt the design challenge. You have until Friday to get this done. After you watch the video, and complete the challenge, please use the link below to study buoyancy in Quizizz. On Thursday I will be posting a review of all learning since March 13. If you are able, please look over the new material so you are prepared! (Chapters 10,11,12 in our Physical Science Books)
Thursday 6/4/20- This assignment is a review of new material. Please study using the quizizz, and then complete and submit the google form. I will be looking at these forms to gauge your understanding of new learning. Try your best!
In place of our regularly scheduled Google meet office hours for NEXT WEEK Monday (6/15) and Tuesday (6/16)... we are going to have Goodbye Google Meets!
Let’s Celebrate the End of the Year- Google Meet Style!
Each homeroom class will have the opportunity to meet with all the 6B teachers to say goodbye and play one last fun game together! The meets will happen next week on Monday and Tuesday. To join us - Login to classroom, go to meet, use code 6boffice, and see your friends and teachers!
Monday June 15:
Klavoon’s Homeroom - 11:00 am- 11:30 am
Castiglione’s Homeroom - 12:00 pm- 12:30 pm
Tronolone’s Homeroom - 1:00pm- 1:30 pm
Tuesday June 16:
Purdy’s Homeroom - 12:00 pm- 12:30 pm
Adamski’s Homeroom - 1:00 pm- 1:30 pm
Email contact info:
Mrs. Klavoon - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Adamski - email@example.com
Mrs. Castiglione - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Purdy - email@example.com
Mrs. Tronolone - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Kempf - email@example.com
Mrs. Pryzlucki - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Mock - email@example.com