All fifth grade students can expect about 45- 60 mins of homework per night. In ELA, students will be required to read at least 30 minutes per day. They will need to fill out and complete a reading log weekly. Reading logs will count toward their grade in ELA. Students will have time each day to do some independent reading in class, and EVERY Friday will be an Independent Reading day which means they will have the entire class block to read unless they have fallen behind in their ELA assignments. If they have fallen behind, Friday will be their day to get caught up.
ALL HOMEWORK ASSIGNMENTS SHOULD BE LISTED IN EACH STUDENTS AGENDA. IT IS THE STUDENTS RESPONSIBILITY TO RECORD ALL ASSIGNMENTS IN AGENDA AND ALL PARENTS ARE REQUIRED TO CHECK THE AGENDA DAILY AS WELL. STUDENTS WILL BE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY IN EACH CLASS TO RECORD THEIR HOMEWORK IN THE AGENDA.
Fifth Grade Homework Policy:
* most assignments are due the day after the assignment is given.
* If a student misses class due to an absence from school he/she should contact his/her homework teacher and obtain the missed assignments.
* If the student is not able to obtain the assignments or he/she is too ill to complete them an extra day will be granted.
* If the student misses class due to an instrumental lesson the student is STILL RESPONSIBLE for making up the missed work by the original due date. He/she should see the teacher as soon as possible to obtain assignment information.
* ANY ASSIGNMENT NOT TURNED IN AFTER TWO DAYS WILL BE RECORDED AS A 0%
*** SEE CALENDAR FOR ASSIGNMENTS, TESTS, QUIZZES, and other INFORMATION!!! ***