Resources - Studying Tips
- Set aside a place and time to study
- Plan for study breaks
- Study for 20 minutes, then take a break
- Keep study supplies handy
- Avoid distractions and interruptions
Extra Study Time:
- Write down facts, formulas, lists, and vocabulary words on index cards, then read over them in a few minutes.
- Tape hard to remember information in your locker, then read and repeat every time you open the door.
- Use time in a car, bus, or line to study index cards
Strategies for Test Anxiety
- Practice deep breathing before exams
- Close your eyes and use self-talk to review hard to remember facts
- Before looking at exam write down all information you are afraid you may forget
- Look over exam, complete sections you find the easiest first (e.g., multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, essay, etc.)