Should my child receive services?

  • Who should I talk to if I think My child needs Speech Therapy?

    As with everything, start with your child's teacher.  Explain your concerns.  What is the problem?  Give some examples and tell how it affects them or their family at home.

    From there, the teacher may refer the child to the school Speech Pathologist through a process that involves all of the educational instructors familiar with your child.  The therapist will meet your child and determine whether further evaluation and/or services is warranted.  You will be contacted with the findings and be made aware of the therapists recommendation at that time.