Write a diary that sounds as though it could have been written by Charles Dickens.
- Visit A Brief Biography
- Select an important event in Dickens' life that you wish to write about in his diary. Imagine what he must have been feeling about these events. An interesting example of a diary written about the same time, but in America. is a Oregon Trail Diaries. You can also go to the following links to read parts of other diaries written in the 1860s. They can be found here and here.
- Write a diary entry as it might have been written by Charles Dickens. . Base the entry in fact. Add sketches and pictures if you wish.
This project will be evaluated on:
- Accuracy and quantity of historical information provided
- Portrayal of an important event in Dickens' life
- Proper use of spelling and language mechanics
[Case One] [Case Two] [Case Three] [Case Four] [Case Five]