Business Honor Society
Business and Marketing Honor Society of New York State
The West Seneca Business Department wants to recognize those students who have demonstrated outstanding achievement in a secondary business/marketing program.
- Students must be currently enrolled in business/marketing (fall and/or spring)
- Seniors: Must complete 3 units in business/marketing by the end of the current school year
- Sophomores/Juniors: Must complete 2 units in business/marketing by the end of the current school year (student should be planning to continue for at least one additional credit prior to graduation)
- GPA Business/Marketing Courses | 88% or B+ (3.5)
- GPA Overall | 80% or B (3.0)
Students selected for recognition will have also demonstrated both in the classroom and through extracurricular involvement:
- Character (evidenced by teachers attesting to this quality)
- Leadership (evidenced by committee chair positions, officer/chair or other lead positions in student organizations, civic/community leadership roles, etc.)
- Service (evidenced by volunteer activities in the school and/or community, etc.)
Application and Recognition Process
- Complete an application (39 KB) and submit it to their business department by November 1st.
- Include two reference forms:
- One reference must be from a business teacher.
- Second reference must be from someone who can attest to your character, leadership, and/or service.
Advisor: Mrs. Murphy and Mr. Giancola