Belief in oneself is one of the most important bricks in building any successful venture.
Lydia M. Child
Resource Room is provided to increase the student’s opportunity for academic success. This will include receiving assistance with homework, studying, exam preparation, communication, social skills, and organization.
What you can expect from me:
- To provide a safe, structured environment for you to work
- To encourage you to keep track of your assignments, prioritize them, and turn them in on time
- To keep in touch with your general education teachers
- To keep your parents/guardians informed of your progress
- To give you feedback about performance
- To guide you in reaching your goals and increasing your responsibility
- To help you get along better with other students and teachers
What I expect of you:
- To respect people/materials in the class
- To follow all school rules (Power Pass usage, on time, dress code, use of cell phones, etc. )
- To inform me about concerns/difficulties in other classes
- To bring WSW Assignment pad to class with all assignments clearly marked, along with any material needed for that day
- To review assignments at beginning of each class and determine the assistance needed for each assignment
- To make noticeable effort to attempt/complete work with or without assistance, in a responsible manner and, when requested, make the assignments available for review by the Resource Room teacher
1. Verbal reminder
2. Second verbal reminder
3. Email or phone call to parent and counselor to discuss behavior
Assessment of student achievement:
Grades are not issued in this course. However, it is important to understand that the effort a student puts forth in Resource Room will have a direct reflection on grades received in other classes. Comments on behaviors and effort will be included on school Progress Reports at the 5, 15, 25, and 35 week points and also on IEP Progress Reports, which are sent several times a year .
I am available after school every day until 2:40. Please check the calendar in the room for days I am not available.
If you have any questions at any time, please feel free to contact me at 677-3351 ext. 4300. If you leave a message, I will return your call as soon as possible. I can also be reached at email@example.com.
Students who utilize this class consistently will be rewarded with the following:
-improved study skills
-time to work on student-selected tasks that are still academic in nature (i.e. reading in their choice of novel, reading the newspaper, searching for college/career information, utilizing more “fun” activities while reviewing, etc.)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.