Studio in Art
Studio in Art
Studio in Art is an introductory full year art class for those students who are interested in pursing an art sequence. This course provides a survey of the methods and techniques used to create a broad variety of art works.
Goals and Objectives
- Appreciate the value of personal expression in their own work and that of their peers.
- Evaluate and interpret works of art
- Recognize the inter-relationships between art, the artist, and the cultural roots of society
- Associate an artist and art works with major art eras or styles
- Learn to solve visual problems
- Develop a sense of informed aesthetic judgment
Each student is expected to work for a full class period on his or her projects/assignments. Notes will be given and expected to be kept for quizzes in the student folder.
Projects are evaluated by rubrics and reflection sheets. All quizzes, projects, and assignments will account for 80% of the final grade. The final exam will account for 20%.
*Grades will be updated by the end of each week. Please check the parent portal to view your child's progress.
2B, 4B, 6B drawing pencils
Pink pearl eraser
Sketch book spiral bound(9”X12” 50 sheet minimum)
2 black Sharpie markers
Hand held sharpener
Folder for handouts
Zip lock bag (to hold supplies)
These supplies can be purchased at A.C. Moore, Michaels Art and Crafts, JoAnn Fabrics, Hobby Lobby (look for 40% off coupons in Sunday's newspaper)