You are expected to be prepared for every class meeting with the following materials:
- blue or black ink pen
- #2 pencil
- colored pencils
- approx. 100 page spiral notebook
- 3-ring binder
- loose leaf paper
- folder with pockets (specific color will be decided on in class)
Assignments & Attendance
1. Assignments will be posted on the homework board in class and posted on the internet at Ms. Irene's website.
2. A due date for each assignment will be given and you must have the assignment with you at the start of class on that due date.
3. If you do not have an assignment on the due date you will be required to stay after school that same day for Homework Haven.
4. Missing assignments will be considered a zero.
5. Regular attendance is imperative to being successful in biology.
If you are absent from class and/or lab:
1. It is your responsibility to find out what work was missed by picking up your absent sheet from the folder attached to the bulletin board. You should also check what was missed by talking to a friend and looking at the calendar on the website.
2. Any assignments that were due when absent must be turned in upon arrival back to school even if you do not have biology on that day.
3. Any assignments that were given when you were absent will still be due when you return to school.
4. If you are absent more than one day contact me to determine a schedule for completing your missed work. It is your responsibility to contact me. Be prepared to stay after school to make up missed work.
5. If you are absent because of a music lesson, field trip, or vacation you must contact me before you will miss class.
To make up a missed lab be prepared to stay after school until 3:30.
Grading: The grading policy for the course follows the district policy.
Labs and projects: 35%
Graded homework & quizzes: 10%
Ungraded homework & notebook checks: 5%
The lab class is a requirement for successful completion of The Living Environment. All labs must be satisfactorily completed to be allowed entrance to the Regents exam at the end of the year. Labs will be stored in the colored folder in the classroom. All completed labs must stay in the classroom.