Mrs. English's Home Page
Hello To My Incoming Second Grade Class and Their Families,
Welcome you to second grade for the 2020-2021 school year.
This is my 5th year teaching second grade at Winchester and I have been part of the West Seneca Central School District for 20 years.
Please come to Winchester on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 between 9:00 am -12:00 noon or between 4:00-6:00 pm to pick up a chrome book for your child/children.
As you know, we will be teaching and learning remotely beginning on Wednesday, September 9, 2020. I hope to provide information for you as I receive it. I will do my best to help you and your child(ren) navigate the Google Classroom this year. I will be "live" everyday at at 9:00 am and other times throughout the day..
Our google classroom code is: loguwjh
Our classroom nickname: English106
Our art teacher is: Mrs. Mooar
Our librarian is: Mrs. Daley
Our music teacher is: Mrs. Clark
Our gym teachers are: Mrs. McCarthy and Mr. Nicosia and Mr. Baney
Our first Week at a Glance is vague because of the possibility of our schedules changing. Here is what I can offer right now:
Week at a Glance for Wednesday, September 9-Friday, September 18, 2020:
9:00 am-Morning Meeting--getting to know you activities, math and ELA activities
12:00 a special area class depending on the day: gym ,music, art or library
12:45-back with me until 2:00 pm
2:00-Office hours--this time will be used to meet with you if you have questions, it will be used to meet with children either individually or in a small group setting to reteach lessons or assess them.
I am eager to meet you and get to know your children. I truly love my job and am eager to get started.
Here are the directions to get to Google Classroom:
1. Go to classroom.google
2. Click on Go to Classroom
3. Enter your user name and click Next --provided to you when you pick up your Chromebook
4. Enter your password and click Next
5. If there is a welcome message, read it and click Accept
6. If you're using a G Suite for Education account, click I'm a Student
7. Click Get Started
8. Ready to start using Google Classroom?
Students-see Join a Class--
Classroom Nickname: English106
How to find "Easy Bridge" for the math lessons:
1. Click the nine dots in the upper far right hand corner of the page --it looks like a grid ...
2. Scroll to the bottom and click Easy Bridge
3. Click on Pearson Success Net
4. Click on Lesson Assignment